Almost two weeks ahead of their formal launch on October 4, the Google Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL have been leaked in full. Incidentally the leaks come on the day the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus reviews appeared in the US. The leaked images show that the earlier images of the two phones that were rendered based on some specific design clues were accurate. The Pixel 2 XL and the Pixel 2 look like evolution of the existing Google Pixel phones, with a design very similar to what the current phones have. Although the glass part on the Pixel 2 XL and the Pixel 2 on their rear cover will be smaller and from the leaked images it seems that the phones will be slightly slimmer and narrower.
The Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL will be launched on October 4 in the US. They will come in three colours - a shade of blue, black and the white. Also, the two phones will come with bumped up storage with the entry-level variant of the Pixel 2 XL and the Pixel 2 starting with 64GB internal storage. At the launch the Pixel 2 will cost $649 for 64GB storage and $749 for 128GB storage. The Pixel 2 XL will have a starting price of $849. In India, it is safe to assume that the new Pixel phones will have a starting price of around Rs 60,000.
Interestingly the Monday leak for the Google products also reveals details of everything else that the company will launch on October 4 along with the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL. It's not only the phones that are coming. Google will also launch a Google Home Mini and new Daydream View virtual reality headset with the new Pixel phones. The Home Mini, as the name suggests will be a small smart speaker, with Google Assistant built inside it. This will reportedly cost just $49 that may make it one hell of a deal. The new Daydream View will reportedly come with improved hardware and added functionality, although for now it is not clear what the new features will be.
Then there is the talk of the new Chromebook, a premium Chromebook. It will be called PixelBook, says Droid Life that wrote about it first, and it it will come with a price tag of above $1100. The PixelBook will take on Apple's MacBook Air and Microsoft Surface. It will also be a convertible, turning into a tablet if required and will come with a PixelPen (a Google stylus) that will sell for around $99.
Ahead of their launch, a number of details about the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL have appeared on the web. While everything will be known for certainty only on October 4, here is what we are hearing so far.Picture Courtesy: Droid Life
- The Pixel 2 is made by HTC while the Pixel 2 XL is made by LG. The two phones are an evolution of Pixel and Pixel XL and hence do not differ much in terms of design or feature set compared to the existing phones, although there are going to be a couple of new features.
- The Pixel 2 is likely to come with a 5-inch screen. The Pixel 2 XL may come with a 5.7-inch or 5.8-inch screen.
- The Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL will come with 4GB RAM. They will have at least 64GB storage with 128GB variant also available.
- The Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL are likely to be water and dust proof. This will be an improvement compared to the current Pixel phones that lack this feature.
- The Pixel 2 XL and the Pixel 2 will come with stereo speakers and squeezable frame, similar to what we saw in HTC U11.
- The new Google phone will be powered by Snapdragon 835 processor and will use Android Oreo.
- There are rumours that the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL will get rid of the 3.5mm headphone jack, following into the footsteps of the iPhone. Oh no!
- The Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL will have an AMOLED screen.Picture Courtesy: Droid Life
- The Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL are likely to use a camera with the same lens and sensor that are inside the current Pixel phones. This means a 12-megapixel rear camera. No dual-camera in Pixel phones for now. In addition there could be some unique software features in the new Pixel camera. The current Pixel phones have the best camera ever seen in a phone, and this is counting the latest camera in the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus. So, it is no surprise that Google may like to stick with it for the new Pixel 2 XL and the Pixel 2.
- All indications are that the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL are going to be boring phones. But they will also be possibly versatile, fast, functional phones with great camera, just the way the current Pixel and Pixel XL are. Or in other words, The Pixel 2 XL and the Pixel 2 could be the best phones this year, and this including the iPhone X.
When they launch, the new Pixel phones will face formidable competition primarily in the US, where Apple has just launched the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus. The new Pixel 2 phones will also see competition from the iPhone X, which will go on sale from November 3.
Source : http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technology/story/google-pixel-2-pixel-xl-2-images-price-specs-leaked-launch-on-october-4/1/1051758.html